Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Specifications
: Galaxy Note 2 N7100
: 5.6 inches(14.22 cm)
: Android v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
Primary Camera (Megapixel)
: 8 MP
Primary Camera Range
: 8 - 10.9 MP
Front Facing Camera
: 1.9 MP
Max. Expandable Memory
Up to 64 GB
SMS, MMS, Instant Messaging
MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, ACC+, eAAC+, AMR(NB,WB), MIDI, WAV, AC-3, Flac
EDGE up to 296.8 kbpsGPRS: up to 48 kbps
1.6 GHz Quad-core Cortex-A9
Li-ion 3100 Mah Battery
Exynos 4412 Quad
(H)151.1 x (W)80.5 x (D)9.4
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
SNS integration, Dropbox (50 GB storage), TV-out (via MHL A/V link), Image/video editor, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integrationSensors - Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Screen Color Support
LED / BSI
3264 x 2448 pixels
1080 pixels, 30 fps
USB v2.0 High Speed
A-GPS support and GLONASS
Stereo FM with RDS
Stand By Time
(2G) Up to 980 hours/ (3G) Up to 890 hours
Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Multimedia & Entertainment
Yes, MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player, MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
1.6 GHz Cortex A9 Quad Core
Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones
Mobiles & Accessories
In The Box
Handset,Battery,Charger,USB Cable,Headset,User Manual,Warranty Card
21 Mbps HSDPA,5.76 Mbps HSUPA
Accelerometer,Proximity Sensor,Compass,Gyro Sensor,Barometer,Geo-magnetic,Light Sensor
1 Year for Mobile & 6 Months for Accessories
80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4mm
Audio: MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, ACC+, eAAC+, AMR(NB,WB), MIDI, WAV, AC-3, Flac Video: 3GP (MP4), WMV (ASF), AVI, FLV, MKV, WebM
GSM (Single SIM)
Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Yes, 802.11 a/b/g/n
1.6 GHz Cortex-A9, Quad Core
Twitter, Samsung Apps
GSM 3G , HSPA-PLUS
2 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
Wireless Communication Technologies
Best Sellers Rank
#93,709 in Electronics (See top 100) #1650 in Electronics > Mobiles & Tablets > Smartphones & Basic Mobiles > Smartphones
Date First Available
22 October 2012
GSM (Single SIM) Micro SIM Support
Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, with Google Maps
S Pen, Air View, Popup Note, Quick Command, Easy Clip, Handwritten Notes via Email, S Note, Voice Input, Document Viewer, Document Editor, Pushmail, Loudspeaker
Handset, Battery, Charger, Headset, Pouch
13.97 cm (5.5)
Galaxy Note 2
USB Cable, User Manual, Handset, Headset, Battery, Charger, Warranty Card
3.6 out of 5 stars 35 customer reviews
Samsung Galaxy Note II
The Phone still works like a Gem... Snapdeal's Service was amazing too...
very good product.
Good phone from Samsung
Purchase of Samsung note II
very good..............My son is using to date
The Best Mobile I ever Had !
Device was too good. Just loved it. Using roughly for two years, still having no problems .... !
Useful Interesting Features of Galaxy Note 2, rather than the common features
By Soumik Ghoshon
First to mention, before buying this Beast: Galaxy Note 2, i had read a lot of reviews here in Flipkart on this mobile, but Max of them were on the common features that almost everyone knows from like the:
-Super AMOLED capacitive Touchscreen
-64GB External Expandable
-Camera: 8MP(Main), 1.9(Front)
-OS: Android Jelly Bean
Yes, i agree, these are the Excellent Features which other phones cannot compete easily,
BUT, there are loads of other interesting stuffs that any TECH SAVY person will like a lot!!!
After buying this Galaxy Note 2 last week, i had been trying to figure out the extra features that this beast offers in excess to the mentioned above ones.
Some of them are as follows:
-First of all, the most attractive feature that i really liked was the Motion Sensor Capabilities that this beast is offering.
Let me note down some of them as tested by me:
1) To unlock the device with motion, tap and hold a point on the screen, and then tilt the device forwards.
2) When you pick up the device after it has been idle for some time or when the screen has turned off, it vibrates if you have missed calls or new messages.
3) While viewing a call, a message, or contact details on the phone screen, simply pick up and hold the device to your ear to make a call to that number.
4) Tap and hold an item on the screen, and then move the device to the left or right to move the item to another panel on the Home screen or the Applications screen in that direction.
5) When an image is zoomed in, tap and hold a point on the screen, and then move the device in any direction to browse the image.
6) While you are cheking mails or contacts in a page and you reach the middle or the last of the list, simply Double-tap the device to move to the top of a list of contacts or emails.
7) While the screen is locked, tap and hold the screen, and then rotate the device to landscape orientation to launch the camera.
8) Turn over the device(making it lie down with back-side up) to mute ringtone, pause media playback, or mute the FM radio.
9) Shake the device to search for Bluetooth devices.
10) Shake the device to update the list of emails or information from Yahoo News, Yahoo Finance etc.
11) Sweep your hand sideways across the screen from right to left to capture a screenshot.
12) Cover the screen with a palm to pause media playback. Move it away from the screen to resume.
13) Tap and hold two points on the screen, and then tilt the device back and forth to zoom in or out.
14) When the touch screen is turned off, move your hand across the Proximity/Light sensor to
turn on the screen lightly and view the number of missed calls and new messages, the battery
power level, and more.
The above are the special features that this phone provides in respect to various motions.
- Secondly, like the Galaxy S3, it has the Smart Stay, which enables the phone to keep the screen on as long as you are looking at it.
When you close your eyes or move away from looking into the screen, the Phone screen will automatically turn off.
- Thirdly, with the Quad-core processor and 2GB RAM, Gamers will really love this phone since some VERY HIGH RESOLUTION GAMES are just running with not a single point of lag in this phone.
- Fourthly, You would luv to watch videos in this phone due to itz big screen and the very good quality videos running smoothly.
- Fifthly, Music quality is really very good and descent. Radio works perfect.
- Sixthly, SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) Level is relatively low(The lower the Better) for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in comparision to other phones:
Galaxy Note 2: 0.171 W/kg
Galaxy Note: 0.39 W/kg
Galaxy S3: 0.342 W/kg
Galaxy S2: 0.338 W/kg
iPhone 4S: 0.98 W/kg
iPhone 5: 0.951 W/kg
HTC One X: 0.909 W/kg
Apart from the above mentioned features:
- I have not tested with the camera yet since i already have a Digital Camera.
But as read from reviews, the camera is quite good in its capabilities, with 1.9 front camera is just great.
- Also not tested with the full capability of the Stylus Pen, since it has loads of functionalities that has to be checked in details :-)
So simply after examining withlots of such exciting features, it simply stands out tall in the market.
i cant believe it,samsung does it again......:)
By Rajat mishraon
first flipkart is really awesome and i got my product in 3 days....
now this phone -
key features is available in description here is my review after using it ....
This is one hell of a gadget,its the best available android phone in market right now..
Screen - The screen is amazing. Even with less pixels and a bigger screen,the sharpness is much higher.Its just so eye popping to look at every time you look at the Raw HD screen of the Galaxy Note II. Its hard to look away for even a moment. And Guess what? Its NOT PEN-TILE!It Decodes DVIX and Xvid movies so watching on this screen is a blast with HD...
Battery - as well as desc. The device is run on a mammoth 3100 mAh Li-Ion battery for optimum battery life.its lasted me for around for 20 hours after hard use like playing hd games,internet browsing,playing some hd videos wid full brightness on...
Design and feel - Yes its a big phone/tablet but really it feels nice in the hand. I know the device is plastic but it some how have a premium feel to it. It is very uncanny but its beautiful and looks better then the white version IMO(i have a grey one).people who see my phone they said its very beutiful phone,big one but very nice.
S pen - This S Pen feels quite better. It's bigger and more comfortable to hold and much more precise/pressure sensitive. It will allow you to do a whole load of new things. Quick pen gestures are great. You draw a custom figure to trigger one action (toggle wifi or bluetooth, look up something in the web, call/text). Taking memos, partial screenshots, scribbling has all become more enjoyable and accurate.
Camera - Takes great pictures up to 8 MP and the best I've ever seen on a samsung mobile device, the pictures are just so colorful. The pictures snaps fast and I love it, if you hold the camera button down it snaps up to 20 photos in a second (?) and it has Panorama which I enjoy using.
other things - it has 1.6 GHz Quad Core Cortex-A9 Processor and 2 gb ram so it is much much faster then any other android phone right now,it comes wid jelly bean which is smoothest and very good looking android version yet so hardware and software makes this phone incredible.Its a limited amount of apps on the left side of the screen that you can use multi-view with but here is the list:
Chrome (Once installed)
and now cons - its have some cons like currently -
there is no any app in google play for this phone to move application and appdata to external sd card coz samsung change his data manage system on galaxy s3 and note 2,so 16 gb version is not fulfill my req. coz only 11 gb out of 16 gb avail. for use on this phone and big hd games takes up to 1 gb of space...only 1 way to move apps to sd card in currently is rooting this phone but it will ruin its warranty......so wait for a new app
It would be great if ALL apps could run under multi-windows mode bcoz several apps is currently we use in multi window feature.
At last I love this phone and to be honest with you I don't see myself using another phone for a very long time.It's an awesome phone.As long as having to use two hands sometimes doesn't bother you, get it.
grab it asap....
Fan'tab'ulous Beast !!!
By ABHINAV PARKHEon
hey guys,i got my beauty 2 days back & believe me i am totally in love with this gorgeous. I was tracking this gadget from the day Samsung announced it in IFA Berlin and watched almost all the reviews, hands-on and unboxing videos on Youtube till date. I am not gonna discuss bout the specs and features but would like to talk on the experience with this phone. I am a tech crazy and would put show off on a second place over the actual things i am going to get after investing hard earned money into the technology. If i am throwing more than 35K, i would try to get maximum out of it and believe many of us want the same as well.
First of all please do not compare this device with iPhone 5 as its incomparable. Samsung is on a different path with the performance & features they have included in the phone rather than creating a rival for each and every feature present in iPhone. If you are an existing iPhone user, u'll find a totally different & amazing environment with the openness the Jelly Bean offers to you. The sharpness in the display is tooooo good. Despite of having less ppi you would be able to experience a crisp & stunning display as they have used RGB matrix instead of Pentile in the Note I.
The presence of mind Samsung has shown while creating this thing is mind blowing. Each and everything is been done considering how the user is going to face the problem. Despite of big screen its still manageable with one hand. The one handed operations like typing text, using number pad, calculator is very convenient. Other than this i am very much impressed with the voice command all over whether its talking with Google, unlock the screen, playing pause volume up down the song, off the alarm, using the camera...everything will reach above your expectations. Google maps are up to date and incredible.
So all and all its a giant surprise package which will reveal when you yourself will use it. Believe me if you have not used this phone, you don't know what actually the technology is. If you are serious about the thing you are looking for & want the worth of the money you are paying....go get it.
Let me do a favor by telling this to you that if you can not resist and want to have one very soon before Diwali, do not purchase it from a big showroom or any big mobile store. Instead go to any small retail shop and ask one from them. The reason is some of the retail sellers have direct contact with the distributors and they sell it on very less profit margins. I got it from one of them and encountered the difference of flat 2000k which is a huge amount for me. This money you can invest is buying some good accessories. Hope this review was helpful for you. Thanks and kip smiling :-)
You can't go wrong with this one, even today.
By Swapnil Bangaon
I bought this phone about 7 months ago. I waited so long before I writing this review to make sure that no one is mislead by me.
1. First question that will come to your mind is- 'Is it outdated'
My answer is, no. Smartphone market has almost reached a saturation point where there is no further need for better configuration or displays or other features. It runs a quad core A9 processor which is sufficiently fast, has lots of RAM (2 GB) and a HD 720p display. However GPU is in fact outdated but you can still play all the games currently available.
2. Some people say that most Android phones cause problems after about 6 months of usage like lags, freezes, shut downs or sluggishness.
It's partially true. Depends on how you handle your device. I have not expected any random shutdowns in 200+ days of usage. It froze two or three times but that was due to applications and not the device itself. It slows down sometimes under heavy usage when I'm about to run out of memory but that happens rarely.
Now we get to my experience with the device.
1. Performance- The quad core processor does its job beautifully. Everything is way faster than my previous device. (Sony Xperia Ray) Browsing the web, zooming in or out, using maps, playing games, switching applications everything is lag free. When I compared Asphalt 8 running in my device to a Canvas 4 which is relatively newer device, it was running much smoother.
2. Multitasking- This phone was built for multitasking. It has got 2 GB of RAM out of which you get about 1.75 GB. It is just about impossible to run out of memory unless you try hard to test its capabilities. 45 applications are always open and I opened 35 more that's total of 80 before I reached 90%. of total memory.
Also, you get multi-window and pop-up play which can be useful at time.
3. Display, browsing, videos- There is no pixelation and screen looks beautiful even at minimum brightness. It has got deep blacks and saturated colors which I personally prefer.
Web browsing experience is just awesome. Page rendering is too good and everything like scrolling, zooming, switching tabs is smooth. You can switch to desktop mode to view a fully functional desktop site. If you browse web a lot or read ebooks, this device is perfect for you. Text is sharp and there is high contrast.
Sunlight legibility is good but the display is a bit reflective. Viewing angles are great too.
Video player supports every codec and you don't need MX player to do the job.
4. Camera and battery life- Both front and rear cameras have great quality. I was surprised by the front camera, to tell the truth. I am not saying it's the best, but definitely a good one. Video recording is phenomenal and there are bunch of features and modes which I am not interested in but you might be.
It has a chunky 3100 mAh battery which lasts two days on moderate usage while others struggle through the day. Here is a sample heavy usage pattern on a sunday-
Unplugged at 11 AM, 100%
Browsing and whatsapp, down to 80% by 3 PM.
Playing moderate and heavy games in the evening. Down to 63% by 6 PM
Texting, chatting and browsing, using S-Note, listening to music and calls at night and it's 15% by 3 AM the next day.
Finally gave up around 1 PM the next day with screen-on time of 7 hours 15 minutes which is awesome compared to most device which give 4.5 to 5 hours.
This is after 7 months of usage which must have affected the battery!
5. Android 4.3- It runs 4.3 buttery smooth after bug fixes (which Samsung released soon enough) which shows how capable this device is. We will get 4.4 in April 2014 according to Samsung.
What do you usually look for- Battery, camera, performance, looks, display, user experience. It has got it all, that too for a reasonable price of about 27-28k while current flagships are selling at 10k more, which is a lot.
1. No built in flash support although you can run youtube videos right in the webpage which is cool..
2. Can be difficult to handle sometimes but most of the times, it's fine. Fits in my almost every pocket even front pocket of my jacket.
3. Weighs 183 grams. Most weight is due to the huge battery.
4. Might not be able to run games that will be released after a year or so, smoothly. Still better than 80% of the devices.
5. Takes about 120-150 mins to charge, but if you want great battery life, you gotta compromise.
You get all that is mentioned above plus the S pen. All features like NFC, USB On The Go which allows you to use a fully functional mouse or pen drive, S features, motion features, voice commands and so on. They are just toppings on what others give at same price.
If you are a casual user who uses the web a lot or likes watching movies and videos, playing games, reading etc. and battery life is primary importance, this is the device for you.
I wanted something between phones and tablets, so I went with this one and I am one hundred percent satisfied. I don't regret it one bit.
By Rahul Kumaron
You dont have to think twice about buying this product. Its the fastest and the most powerful phone in the market right now with a fantastic battery for an android device. The only thing one needs to decide is if you want a phone of this size. For me the bigger the better.